HEIFER VIET NAM’S PROCEDURES FOR AWARDS
(Updated: August 2008)
I. Golden Talent Award:
The Golden Talent Award (GTA) is established to recognize an individual or family that has taken “a minimum of resources, cnverted it into a sustaining source of income and other resources, while at the same time helping other families and the community at large.”
- Given annually on a fiscal year basic (July-June)
- One award per Country
- $1,000 award: $800 to group and $200 to individual/family*
- Certificate or plaque indicating the award is made on behalf of the Heifer International Foundation is provided to the recipient by the Country Program Office.
- Family and Project Partner Group will receive a letter from the Senior VP for Programs to accompany the certificate/plaque.
- To be presented at the Country Project Partners’ Workshop/Meeting or other significant in-country event.
II. Information Required from the Heifer Viet Nam:
- Name and gender of recipient(s)
- Name and activity number of Project Group
- Ages and gender of family (household) members
- Work history
- Income and nutritional status before the Heifer project
- Housing conditions
- Land and/or other business ownership
- How they used the training and the investment of the animal and its profit.
- Pass on and/or loan repayment details
- Any other things they have done for the community (eg.passed on additional animals, etc.)
- Photograph of individual/family and project group recipients
In 2015, Ms. Tran Thi Thu Thuy, 42, a member of Heifer Vietnam project, "Improving Livelihoods in the Poorest Dictrict of Tra Vinh Province" (VN7533N32302) has won the award for helping over 50 families to have a stable sewing job.